If you have a lack of confidence while mixing, or just don't know how to mix altogether, then this is the series that will give you the knowledge and confidence you need to begin producing solid DJ mixes using Native Instrument's Traktor Pro DJ software!
Examples of covered topics:
- No controller? No problem!
- Basics of mixing with no DJ controller or turntables.
- DJ controller recommendations based on budget and preference.
- Basic setup of controller and software.
- Where/how to find and obtain tracks.
- Song structure [Primarily house and other traditional EDM style genres].
- Tips for organizing your collection of songs.
- Basics of mixing within song musical key(s).
- Basics of tempo matching 2 different songs.
- With and without sync feature [using software as a guide]
- Basic transitions to create a seamless, continuous mix.
- Learn where to do basic transitions
- Learn how to do basic transitions
- Learn when to do basic transitions
- What to do when you aren't actively mixing.
*The demonstrations in this course are done within Native Intrument's Traktor Pro DJ software. Although this is the case, all techniques taught and demonstrated are universal digital techniques that can be carried across majority (if not all) major/popular controllers and software used. Other courses are available that feature other software such as Virtual DJ, as well as Pioneer Rekordbox, if you prefer a more catered learning experience!
- Audio Setup (1:37)
- Output Routing (1:09)
- Input Routing (1:28)
- Loading (2:13)
- Transport (2:43)
- Decks Layout (2:34)
- Track Decks (1:36)
- Mixer (3:08)
- Global Settings (1:24)
- Effects (3:05)
- Broadcasting (2:51)
- Browser Details (2:59)
- File Management (5:00)
- Analyze Options (1:22)
- Controller Manager (0:53)
- Controller (2:30)
- Optional Settings
- Layout Basics (22:58)
Your Coach, Aeon Psych
Hello, I am Aeon!
I have put in over 800 hours learning and experimenting with what works and doesn't work with mixing music (documented on mixcloud.com/aeonpsych as well as twitch.tv/aeonpsych). As I originally taught myself (through watching other DJs mix, watching tutorial videos, YouTube videos, searching forums, etc.), I found that it was actually really difficult and/or time consuming to find all the specific and relevant information I needed to learn certain techniques. Combine this with a decent amount of interest from others in learning from me, I figured it would be more efficient to consolidate all my knowledge on the subject into nice convenient and easy to follow training packages.
Realizing I also have knowledge on a variety of other subjects people would be interested in learning, I figured it would be more efficient to just incorporate all of this into 1 place. As a result, I have invested many months putting all of my knowledge together into individually packaged courses on this site for your enjoyment!
Dream big, achieve bigger, and may all your dreams become reality!
Recommended DJ Software Series
Check out the other software specific series, or get them all bundled in a pack!
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the course start and finish?
- The course starts now, and never ends! It's a completely self-paced online training - You decide when you start and when you finish.
- How long do I have access to the course?
- How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
- What if I am unhappy with the course?
- We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with the content, contact us within 30 days, and we will give you a full refund!
- What if something is left out, I need more clarification?
- Contact us, and we will make sure you get the content needed to complete the course, as well as update anything needed!