Complete demonstration(s) on how to tune a car for performance or economy
This course will get you to understand how tuning a car for performance or economy is done. Although many concepts will remain the same for other platforms, this course is specifically designed around tuning Honda cars using the Hondata s300 ECU + Smanager software, and the Mazdaspeed3 platform using Versatuner software.
Some of what you can expect to learn:
- Setting a basemap
- Setting Ignition Timing
- Setting Fuel values
- Data logging
- Advancing ignition safely to near peak power.
- Adjusting fuel tables for Boosted and N/A applications (MAP based tuning)
- MAF calibration (guide based on Mazdaspeed platform)
- Load based tuning (based on Mazdaspeed platform)
- How to pop & crackle tune.
- Optimize launch control
- No lift / Full throttle shift
- Optimize Vtec crossover (Honda vtec applications only)
- Secret tuning techniques to increase reliability + fun
Following this guide does not guarantee your motor's reliability nor safety, and course creators, authors, and contributors are not responsible for builds/tunes gone wrong.
Learning how to tune Honda applications after partnering up with Boost Lee in 2016, I have experienced tuning many wild and insane applications to include: Naturally aspirated high compression vtec builds, big turbo single + dual cam setups, as well as Frankenstein setups that people were adamant wouldn't run well, if at all (Spoiler: they were wrong!)
Over the years, it's been difficult to find topics to teach and improve my own knowledge on tuning, especially dealing with the 1 off builds Boost Lee was bringing to me, and as a result, have had to do a lot of innovation in tunes. Now, I want to provide the information I've learned throughout this journey in a more easily learnable and presentable format in order to help push the envelopes of tuning... More competition = more innovation = more excitement